For 10 years, the Five Flavours Film Festival has been presenting the best cinema from Asia.
Every year, participants of the event have the chance to watch films from East Asia and South-East Asia. The 10th edition is held in Warsaw, on 16-23 November (Muranów and Kinoteka cineamas), and in Wrocław on 18-24 November (Nowe Horyzonty).
The region the organisers focus on has been undergoing dynamic commercial and artistic development.
Outstanding productions from Japan, South Korea, China, Philippines, Cambodia and Indonesia win over fans as well as prominent film critics.
This year’s edition consists of as many as 40 films.
The selection of films is very diverse, there is a little something for everyone.
Psychological, political films, related to problems of modern world interweave with thrillers and dark film noirs.
New Asian Cinema Section of the 10th Five Flavour Film Festival:
- Heart Attack, dir. Nawapol Thamrongrattanarit, Thailand o The Road to Mandalay, dir. Midi Z, Taiwan, Burma, France, Germany
- Apocalypse Child, dir. Mario Cornejo, Philippines
- Ten Years, dir. Ng Ka-leung, Jevons Au, Chow Kwun-wai, Wong Fei-pang, Kwok Zune, Hong Kong
- Interchange, dir. Dain Said, Malaysia o Under Construction, dir. Rubaiyat Hossain, Bangladesh
- Tharlo, dir. Pema Tseden, Tibet, China
- A Copy of My Mind, dir. Joko Anwar, Indonesia, South Korea
- A Yellow Bird, dir. K. Rajagopal, Singapore, France
- Jagat, dir. Shanjhey Kumar Perumal, Malaysia
- Ordinary People, dir. Eduardo Roy, Jr.,
Philippines Screening schedule http://www.piecsmakow.pl/kalendarz.do